Sunday, January 10, 2010

On Color State & Hearing Them Speak



click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod/iPhone / direct streaming for PC

1- "My work derives meaning from the fact that the uncertain, abstract, unformulated, chaotic and inharmonious, no less than the well-ordered, well-considered and flawless, always relates proportionally to something else. No matter how incomprehensible and ungraspable it might be, indeed precisely because it is. It's all about relations and proportions. that applies in art, in architecture and in life..."

2- " I'm very saddened. It is always the same. When I was a child, they let a road be build. When I saw it it thought: Ooh: that makes a lot of garbage. If the whites come here what will become of my children? There is al lot of talk about the mining concession. And it frightens me. Will I manage to protect my forest-land? What will become of us? These are my worries. ..."

Quoting both the artist of Color State and the natives Hearing Them Speak , Sam Renseiw takes a quick walk through known spaces, realising that, up north, a different white cube had been activated. View the docu-voodle interior derive, complete with seraphim soundtrack by clicking here or on the links above. (patafilm # 746, 03'40'', 53MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video features a serene, frozen, yet moving scene. (Lum # 246 " frozen lake" 01'00'', 8MB, Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , , , , , ,