Friday, October 30, 2009

On mediation by bodily appearances



click for video: Quicktime / .m4v for iPod/iPhone / direct streaming for PC

"..What constitutes the psyche in me or in others is something that is incommunicable. I alone am able to grasp my psyche. A consequence of this idea is that the psyche of another appears to me to be radically inaccessible to me...since I cannot have direct access to the psyche of another, for the reasons just given, I must seize the other's psyche only indirectly, mediated by the bodily appearances."

Still immersed in dance footage from two recent exercises, Sam Renseiw continues his oblique voodle musings on the Phenomenology of Perception. This time, again, with a still frame observation with some added touches and automatic blurs. Click here or on the above links to view the caged morphology of body and space. (patafilm # 730, 02'31'', 34MB, Quicktime/mov - other versions at Blip.tv)

Today's Bonus Lumiere Video also features bodily moves in space, in a more ordered way. ( Lum # 232, "reception triptych "01'00'', 12 MB, Quicktime/mov)

Labels: , , , , , ,