Friday, February 16, 2007

The pop-corn archive


Click for: Quicktime version / Flash version

I said this seems to me a crazy metaphysic. It seems to me that its full craziness comes out only when we take the spatial analogy seriously. The metaphysic yields that if I have had exactly one bit of chalk in my hand for the last hour, then there is something in my hand which is white, roughly cylindrical in shape, and dusty, something which also has a weight, something which is chalk, which was not in my hand three minutes ago, and indeed, such that no part of it was in my hand three minutes ago. As I hold the bit of chalk in my hand, new stuff, new chalk keeps constantly coming into existence ex nihilo. That strikes me as obviously false."

Remarking on an ongoing controversy on Four Dimentionalism, Sam Renseiw mashed-up an old popcorn-ad from drive-in movie theatre and some space footage from a venerable Danish architectural drawing archive. View the coloured presentism by clicking here or tickle the moustache above. (patafilm # 353, 01'40'' 7.6 MB, Quicktime/Mov - Flash version for PC at Blip.tv)

Labels: , , ,