Sunday, August 20, 2006

True stories from nature


Once when I was thirty six years old I saw a magnificent picture in a book, called True Stories from Nature, about the primeval forest. It was a picture of a beautiful naked woman holding a black handbag . Here is a copy of the picture, in the video. I pondered deeply, then, over the adventures of the jungle. And after some work with a few coloured, moving pictures, I succeeded in making my first video. The grown-ups' response was to advise me to lay aside my videos whether from the inside or the outside, and devote myself instead to accounting, urbanism and architecture. That is why I gave up what might have been a magnificent career as a cineast.

"Yes, I had been disheartened by the failure of my buildings " states Sam Renseiw while unearthing an older summer video. View the puzzling cut-up montage by clicking here or mouse around the monitor above.(patafilm #233, 01'07'', 5 MB, Quicktime/mov - Flash version here)